In the event of an evacuation of the Masonic Centre, the following procedure shall be followed.
Get the attention of those around you and vocally sound the alarm and initiate the evacuation procedure.
Leave the building by the nearest emergency exit.
Dial 999 for fire service only after you have exited the building.
Make your way directly to the muster point.
Do not stop to collect belongings.
If possible check all rooms and toilets -
do not endanger yourself.
Close all doors behind you.
Report to the person who has taken charge at assembly point who should carry out a role call.
The assembly point is the car park behind the Woolpack.
A diagram showing the exit routes and fire equipment is posted in the lobby area.
Users of the centre are not to tackle fires, but shall evacuate the building immediately and call the emergency services.
Fire extinguishers are provided only to assist with the evacuation of the building if required.
Fire blankets are located in the Lodge Room and outside the kitchen.
A list of first aiders is available from the secretary.
In the event of a serious injury or illness, then the emergency services should be called using the 999 emergency telephone number. For lesser medical situations the following might be helpful:
The nearest Accident and Emergency/Casualty dept. is:
- The Eastbourne DGH, Kings Drive, Eastbourne. BN21 2UD. 01323 417400
- The nearest doctor's surgery is: Herstmonceux Health Centre, Hailsham Road, Herstmonceux, BN27 4JX. Tel 01323 833535
First Aid Kit
The first aid kit is located in the lobby area of the centre. The kit contains a range of plasters, dressings, bandages, sterile wipes, safety pins, Nitrile powder free gloves, foil blankets and scissors etc. A complete list is included inside the box.
If the person is unresponsive call 999 for an ambulance.
If you know how:
- Check for breathing and a pulse.
- If breathing is not detected start CPR and call 999 for an ambulance.
- If a pulse is not detected start CPR and call 999 for an ambulance. Get the defibrillator from the lobby, take it to the patient. Open the lid of the defibrillator and follow the audible instructions.